3.12.2014

EARLY B&W BY GRANT MUDFORD

El Paso, 1976

Taos

Mexico, 1976

Mexico, 1976

Texas

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

"One of the most dynamic parts of the image to me, whether paintings or photographs, is the frame. Photographs, like paintings, have a frame. They have an extremity and they have a boundary. I’ve always been interested in what goes on in those edges. A lot of my photographs, particularly the early black and white photographs, there’s definitely a concern about the frame and what it’s cutting, what it’s suggesting just outside the frame. I’ve often had this massive building, or whatever, filling up most of the frame, and these slits of information, with backgrounds on the sides or the top, so the frame to me, is more than the time and the place."  - Grand Mudford -
via

All photos © Grand Mudford

No comments: